1. General.Your privacy is important to us and we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the collection and use of the personal information you submit at this Website. If you are visiting the Website from outside the United States, please be advised that your personal data will be processed by ShoppersEdge in the United States where data protection and privacy regulations may differ from similar regulations in other countries. By using the Website, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country if you are located outside of the United States. Additionally, by using the Website, you consent to ShoppersEdge using your personal information to contact you electronically, in writing, or otherwise to provide notices relating to your use of the Website and to give you information about the products and services offered by ShoppersEdge and its affiliates. If you would like to opt out of future promotional materials from us, you may indicate this preference by following the unsubscribe instructions at the end of such communications from us.
2. Personally-Identifiable Information In order to purchase products or services from ShoppersEdge, we require that you provide us with certain personally identifiable information (please see our Terms of Service for additional details). The types of personally identifiable information that may be collected by ShoppersEdge through the Website include, without limitation: name, address, e-mail address, cell phone number and MSISDN (mobile station integrated services digital network number), credit card and billing information, download history, texts, messages, customer generated content and/or information about your interests in and use of various products, programs, and services. ShoppersEdge. will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it to us voluntarily.
We may, from time to time, supplement the information we collect from you with outside records (e.g., information we obtain from other companies, including wireless providers) to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you, and to offer you opportunities to purchase products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
A. Legal Action: We may disclose information about our users, including personally identifiable information; (i) when requested by governmental or quasi-governmental authorities conducting an investigation; (ii) if required to do so by subpoena, court order or legal process; (iii) to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Website and applicable laws; or (iv) to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Website. We also may disclose user information whenever we believe disclosure is necessary to limit our legal liability; to protect or defend our rights or property; or protect the safety, rights, or property of our users.
4. Children The Website is not directed at individuals less than thirteen (13) years of age, and ShoppersEdge does not intend to collect any personally-identifiable information from such individuals, unless otherwise stated at the time such information is collected.
5. Information Collected Automatically ShoppersEdge may also (i) automatically collect non-personally-identifiable information about your use of the Website, such as the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, Comcast.net, if you are connecting from a Comcast account), the date and time you access the Website, and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Website; and (ii) use data capture and analysis tools, and other similar tools, to extract, compile and analyze any non-personally identifiable data or information resulting from your use of the Website and the services offered thereon (collectively Blind Data). To the extent that any Blind Data is collected by ShoppersEdge, such Blind Data shall be solely owned by ShoppersEdge and may be used by ShoppersEdge for any lawful business purpose, including, without limitation, analyzing and enhancing the Website and services offered hereby, disclosing such Blind Data to third parties for a variety of purposes.
6. Links to Other Websites The Website may contain links to third party websites, whose information practices may be different thanShoppersEdge's. Visitors should consult such third-party sites privacy notices as ShoppersEdge does not have any control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties. ShoppersEdge does not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information (including, without limitation, credit card and other personal information) you might be requested to give any third party.
These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement byShoppersEdge of the contents on such third-party websites. ShoppersEdge cannot ensure that you will be satisfied with any products or services that you purchase from a third-party site that links to or from the Website, since these sites are owned and operated by independent retailers.
ShoppersEdge is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party sites. ShoppersEdge has not taken any steps to confirm the accuracy or reliability of any of the information contained in such third-party sites. If you decide to access linked third-party sites, you do so at you own risk. ShoppersEdge strongly encourages you to make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or off-line transaction with any of these third parties.
7. Data Security The importance of security for all personally-identifiable information associated with visitors to the Website—as well as ShoppersEdge customer information, such as cell phone numbers, texts, messages and other account data—is of utmost concern to ShoppersEdge, and we have implemented, and periodically review, certain physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help prevent unauthorized access and maintain data security. Unfortunately, due to the open nature of Internet communications, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure, and thus we cannot guarantee that communications between you and ShoppersEdge will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Visitors of the Website and ShoppersEdge customers use the Website at their own risk.
Last updated October 23, 2013.